If you haven’t yet heard, on August 25, TEC Edmonton and the Office of Small & Medium Enterprises of Public Works & Government Services Canada are bringing seven federal organizations under one roof to help innovators get the assistance they need. The event will take place all afternoon at TEC Edmonton’s TEC Centre in the heart of downtown Edmonton, and will consist of small-group sessions designed to give individualized advice for leaders of small and medium enterprises.
Entrepreneurs and researchers will get an exclusive look at seven organizations and how they can help. Whether you need access to funding or strategies for getting your innovation to international markets, the answers will be found here. The organizations in attendance are:
- National Research Council Concierge Service
- The concierge provides customized advice and assistance to SMEs by helping them navigate the available innovation resources and support programs.
- National Science Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- NSERC provides funding for university-based research conducted by professors, students, and postdoctoral fellows.
- Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP) – National Research Council
- IRAP helps firms to develop technologies and successfully commercialize them in a global marketplace through advisory services, funding, networking and linkages, and youth employment programs.
- Scientific Research & Experimental Development Tax Credit (SR&ED) – Canada Revenue Agency
- This tax incentive program is designed to encourage Canadian businesses to invest in research and development.
- Western Innovation Initiative (WINN) & Industrial and Technological Benefits – Western Diversification
- This $100 million five-year federal initiative offers repayable contributions for SMEs with operations in Western Canada to help move their new and innovative technologies from later stages of research and development to the marketplace.
- Canadian Technology Accelerator & CanExport programs (Global Affairs Canada)
- If your business is high-growth, market ready, and in the ICT, Life Sciences and Clean Technologies industries, these programs can help you access global markets and entrepreneurship services.
- Financing, Loans & Investment supports – Export Development Canada
- Export Development Canada helps Canadian companies respond to international business opportunities. It collaborates with the Government of Canada and financial institutions to provide insurance and financial services to Canadian exporters and investors.
Meet innovators who have gone through the same process. The innovator’s panel will be made up of entrepreneurs who have previously accessed services from each program, giving attendees first-person insight on their experiences.
Small group sessions will give participants the chance to receive individualized advice. Each session will be small enough for participants to have their specific questions answered by each program’s representatives. Participants will walk away with comprehensive information and next steps for their organizations, as well as the chance to get to know the faces behind the federal family of innovation programs.
To learn more about the event and to register, please visit the event page. We look forward to seeing you there!