Promoting Alberta Health and Business Innovation
TEC Edmonton is one of the leading accelerators of innovative companies in the health field. Our goal with the Health Accelerator is to assist a minimum of 50 new health-care company clients over the next five years, and to have brokered 12 major financing or partnership deals for those clients.
Our Health Accelerator is a bridge between…
- The commercial medical world, looking for new or improved health products, and medical researchers primarily at the University of Alberta and the University of Calgary.
- Investors and promising Alberta health-related startup companies.
- Alberta Health Services (AHS) and innovative products under development in its backyard. AHS delivers much of Alberta’s publicly funded medical services to the province’s four million residents.
- Alberta Innovates, the provincial authority charged with research and innovation activities in Alberta, and health/medical researchers at Alberta’s educational institutions.
- Animal health/agriculture companies, focused on improving the quality and safety of our supply chain, and food producers working toward the same goals.
- Intellectual Property assessment and strategy
- Corporate structuring and governance
- Product prototyping and development
- Product approval, regulatory and quality assurance/control
- Company and technology financing
- Business development
- Product pull and market access
- Health ICT development and strategy
The TEC Health Accelerator is funded by federal, provincial and municipal funding sources and through corporate, finance and other strategic partnerships. This funding is part of a determined effort to commercialize innovative technology and products from Canada’s research institutions and entrepreneurs.
Manager, Business Development
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Never miss a beat! Receive the latest TEC news and events, industry updates, job posting, and more right in your inbox.