Action Plan (Phase 1)
The first phase of our action plans: a small project to help you address an immediate business need that maps out where you stand, what you need help with, and what your next steps should be.
For your company, this might mean protecting your intellectual property, access to funding and financing or launching a product. Our in-house experts create free action plans that can:
- Help develop a clear plan for how to advance your business
- Provide clarity around how we can help beyond that
- Tell you how other service providers in the region can help.
To get your own action plan:
- Start by contacting us. You’ll receive an initial assessment and if you meet the criteria.
- You’ll be assigned to an executive in residence or a technology management officer who will work with you for up to 25 hours to develop your personalized action plan.
- Once you get your action plan, we’ll ask you to provide us with feedback to improve the process. From there, we’ll either wish you much success on your path, continue to work with you, or refer you to one of our innovation service providers.
Action Plan (Phase 2)
You’ve worked with TEC Edmonton and received your customized Action Plan. Now you know what you need to do, but you still need help. Our Action Plan Phase 2 could be the solution.
In this phase, we’ll work with you to tackle one or more of the recommendations outlined in your Action Plan Phase 1.
This is how it works:
- We’ll provide up to 60 hours of services focusing on addressing a gap identified in your Action Plan Phase 1 subject to the signing of a service contract.
- Your contribution to this phase is $1,000.
If, by working though the Action Plan Phase 1, you’ve developed a strong rapport with your Executive in Residence and think this individual’s management expertise could be an asset to your company on an ongoing basis, consider TEC Coach.
This is how TEC Coach works:
- Your executive in residence will spend .5 to 2.5 days per week in your company for a limited and agreed upon number of months outlined in a service contract, addressing operational gaps identified in Action Plan Phase 1 (see list of services below).
- Your contribution to TEC Coach is $500 per 30 hours of service. The fee will be due upon execution of a contract for the services.
Here is a list of some of the services offered in the TEC Coach program:
- Establish corporate goals and monitor company performance.
- Lead development of viable business plans and corporate strategy.
- Work with management to ensure cash flow is managed effectively.
- Develop growth opportunities for the company.
- Restructure company by an agreed upon date.
- Assist with board member recruitment and executives.
- Assist with securing financing.
- Assist with securing industry partners and/or lead customers.
- Co-ordinate appropriate intellectual property review and protection strategy if required.
- Appropriate staff recruiting.
Note: for both Action Plan Phase 2 and TEC Coach, the client must be incorporated, have gone through an Action Plan Phase 1 (or have done a previous, still relevant project with TEC) and have evidence of market traction. Get in touch with us to see if you qualify.
Ready to get started?
We will assemble the right team to explore your business needs and connect you with the resources to help you move forward.