Posted: July 31, 2019
One in three patients waiting for lung transplants die before the organs become available and less than 25 per cent of donated organs are suitable for transplantation. Tevosol Inc. is developing a portable medical device (Ex-Vivo Organ Support System (EVOSSTM)) to resuscitate, preserve and evaluate organs.
Tevosol’s technology will increase organ availability, improve quality and reduce wait for transplants.
“Without TEC’s services, Tevosol would have had a much more difficult time getting off the ground and would have struggled with defining its business strategy and raising capital funds, which are crucial to the future success of the company.”
– Ron Mills, CEO, Tevosol Inc.
- BioAlberta Scientific Achievement and Innovation Award (2016).
- Startup Canada Prairie Region Innovation Award (2017).
- Human lung transplants using prototype device (2018-2019).
TEC Edmonton’s influence:
- Business operations support.
- Legal support: incorporation as a University of Alberta spin-off company.
- Intellectual property support for patents.
- Management: human capital.
- Financial planning and management (series A funding, investor introductions).
- TEC Centre tenant.