Posted: August 24, 2016
On October 25, the Westin Hotel in downtown Edmonton will be transformed into a celebration space for the Startup Canada Awards, Prairie Region. This year, TEC Edmonton is co-hosting the awards ceremony with Startup Edmonton.
Throughout the summer, award nominations were submitted by the innovation community for individual entrepreneurs, companies and startup communities that have helped put the prairie region on the map for their entrepreneurial undertakings. This awards ceremony provides an opportunity to recognize hard-working people and companies helping to advance Canada’s innovation landscape.
This year, six award categories have been added for the first time: a High-Growth Entrepreneurship Award, Women Entrepreneur Award, Indigenous Entrepreneur Award, Newcomer Entrepreneur Award, Resilient Entrepreneur Award, and the Startup Canada Policy Prize.
Past winners of the Startup Canada Awards in the Prairie Region include:
- Tom Fath, Angel Investor, President & CEO of the Fath Group – Senior Entrepreneur of the Year (2015)
- Kristina Williams, TEC Edmonton Board Member, President & CEO of Alberta Enterprise Corporation – Entrepreneur Promotion Award (2015)
- Brian Day, President & CEO of Campbell Scientific – Entrepreneur of the Year, Prairie Region (2015)
- Allan Scott, TEC Edmonton Co-Founder and Former President & CEO of the Edmonton Economic Development Corporation – Adam Chowaniec Lifetime Achievement Award (2015)
- Sensassure, 2015 VenturePrize Fast Growth Winner – Innovation Award (2015)
- Randy Thompson, Director of TEC Venture Angels – Investor of the Year (2014)
- TEC Edmonton – Incubator of the Year (2014)
Attending this event will be a great way to show support for entrepreneurs and support organizations in the Prairie Region – and tickets are free! We hope to see you there!