Posted: November 18, 2020
To continue our commitment to listening to the community, TEC Edmonton adds to its coaching services by introducing Industry Coach, a program links growth stage-companies with industry-specific mentorship. The first installment is a partnership between Health City, PRI·MED and TEC Edmonton that helps medical device companies accelerate product validation and customer access.
Growth stage companies that meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Have an identified knowledgeable team
- Evidence of market traction
- Evidence of funding availability to pursue its goals
- Have an international growth strategy or plan to have one
- Have a technology with an intellectual property position
- Have a product or service which can be demonstrated to offer a competitive advantage over existing products or services of the same type.
Successful applicants will receive 12 months mentorship for various stages of product development and commercialization to accelerate their business. Program mentorship is provided by Guy Plamondon, founding director of PRI.MED Medical Products Inc. Prior to becoming a founding partner, the former President and CEO of PRI.MED worked within the surgical and medical service industry with Johnson & Johnson and Baxter International. Guy is now committed to concentrating on the product development and manufacturing of PPE, including Canada’s top selling line of surgical masks.
Nov. 18, 2020: Application opens
Dec. 15, 2020: Application closes
Jan/Feb. 2021: Selection process through industry panels
March 1, 2021: program starts for successful companies