Posted: February 27, 2020
Mikata Health developed a tool that uses artificial intelligence to improve clinic workflows and patient care.
How it works:
- Clinics can send customized text messages for appointment reminders, instructions, and automated pre-visit conversations.
- Patients provide information that helps the clinic operate more efficiently and provide patients with more convenient and personalized care.
- The data is collected and integrated into the clinic’s existing systems.
- Patients can manage their care and provide details about the reasons for an upcoming visit privately and securely, whenever it’s convenient for them.
- Clinics reduce appointment no-shows by 50-80 per cent, save 1-2 hours per staff per day, and report 60-90 per cent patient engagement.
TEC Edmonton’s support:
- Through the TEC Coach program (funded by Alberta Innovates), TEC Edmonton helped Mikata Health expand its current market and explore adjacent markets.
- TEC introduced Mikata Health to six high-quality leads.
- One of these leads led to a sales agreement.
“From TEC Edmonton’s efforts we received six high quality leads. These leads are highly valuable because they have the potential to add significant revenue to our bottom line. Some of them also represent opportunities to expand outside of Alberta and into adjacent markets.”
– Meaghan Nola, Co-Founder and COO, Mikata Health.