Posted: July 30, 2019
By 2050, humanity needs a 67 per cent increase in food production. With decreasing fertile land and limited water, current agriculture methods are unable to keep up.
G2V Optics is preparing for the future. They developed a technology that brings the sun inside perfectly replacing sunlight from anywhere in the world.
Being a part of the controlled environmental agriculture solution means providing plants the required sunlight while maximizing yield, flavour and crop value.
“Shared work spaces are very common, but the opportunity to get high quality-coaching is much rarer and incredibly valuable.”
– Michael Taschuk, founder & chief technology officer, G2V.
- Grew from a team of one to a team of 15 in two-and-a-half years.
- G2V demonstrated the world’s first upgradeable artificial sun technology (2019).
TEC Edmonton’s influence:
- Launch Program participant (2017 – 2018).
- Executive-in-residence mentorship.
- Intellectual property assessment and patenting.
- TEC Source Advisory Panel.
- TEC Edmonton workshops.
- Industry and investor days.
- Edmonton Regional Innovation Network Innovation Jam.