Thursday March 28, 2019
Note that for one payment, up to two people per company can attend.
In order to grow, a business needs to have a deep understanding of its customer. It must identify the primary motives, deepest fears, highest aspirations, and the small trip wires that prevent a sale. In this series of workshops, you will be introduced to four key strategy tools to help you gain these insights to ignite business growth.
The strategy tools:
- The Total Customer Experience Cycle– Opportunities for engaging the buyer occur at each step of the TOTAL customer experience, making it much easier to transact the sale. These “gates” must be well-oiled and easily opened to accelerate the sale process.
- Understand the small “unpaid” micro-steps that prospects must take in order to buy.
- Discover how to accelerate the buying cycle.
- Learn from the experience of Apple, Amazon, and Zappos, all of which can be easily applied to your business.
- Hassle Maps– Small, often hidden trip wires are everywhere in your sales and marketing process. Here’s how to identify, eliminate them, and watch your sales grow.
- Map your customer’s path to purchase to identify how to speed their progress.
- Discover how to accelerate the buying cycle by removing friction points.
- Learn from the experience of companies like Netflix, all of which can be easily applied to your business.
- Customer Segmentation by Motive– Your prospects are not alike so you need to treat them differently. Easy to say, but difficult to place in practice. What is the key difference between these segments? Their motive. By appealing to motives, a firm can make a deeply personal connection to the customer and amplify their results.
- Commodity Branding (… or how to brand sand)– Is your offering just like everyone else’s? Do customers have a difficult time telling you apart from your competition? Learn six tactics to turn the tables in your favour.
NOTE: Refund requests will only be accepted 4 days prior to this workshop.
About the presenter:
Executive-in-Residence, TEC Edmonton
Kurian has been a TEC Executive-in-Residence since 2014, assisting TEC clients with their go to market strategy. Kurian brings over 27 years of sales and marketing experience to his practice. Prior to TEC Edmonton, he founded StrategyPeak Sales and Marketing Advisors, a marketing strategy consulting firm, advising companies in numerous sectors including professional services, manufacturing, distribution, high technology, software, non-profit, medicine, and the life sciences. Preceding StrategyPeak, Mr. Tharakan was a vice-president sales & marketing for an Alberta-based software firm where his team achieved notable wins with several members of the US Fortune 500. Beyond advisory services, a significant portion of Kurian’s work involves teaching and writing on sales and marketing topics.