As a joint venture of the University of Alberta and Edmonton Economic Development Corporation, TEC Edmonton operates the Edmonton region’s largest health-technology accelerator and manages the commercialization of University of Alberta technologies.
We Serve a Diverse Community
As the University of Alberta’s commercialization agent, we help researchers protect their IP, commercialize novel technologies and license innovations.
We help our clients grow as entrepreneurs through tailored programs, education opportunities and partnerships.
In partnership with the innovation community, we work to provide the best services for you. If we can’t help you, we’ll help find someone who can.
Emerging technology companies
We operate the region’s largest accelerator for early-stage technology companies
To our clients
Our extensive expertise and network will help you advance your business or technology.
To our people
We provide diverse experience that makes a difference to innovators.
To our innovation service partners
We use your strengths to create better client outcomes.
To our funders
Together with you, we deliver the best outcome for the best value.
A little bit more about us
We’re committed to taking your business or technology to the next level. We provide resources other service providers don’t offer such as:
- Executives in residence – as successful entrepreneurs who have been there, done that, our executives in residence are giving back to help you grow successfully.
- Technology management expertise – we have experts in commercializing and intellectual property management including patent, trademark & copyright evaluation, intellectual property (IP) strategy and protection & licensing.
- Industry-specific accelerators and programs: We’ve partnered with local organizations and multinational corporations to create programing and space to develop early-stage technology companies
In the community
We’re passionate about giving back to the community. Through partnerships, value in kind and monetary donations, TEC gives back. If you think partnering with TEC Edmonton would be good for your organization and you match the criteria below, please reach out to Info@TECEdmonton.com or click below to get in touch.
Criteria for TEC Edmonton sponsorship:
- Must be an Alberta-based organization
- Event or activity must relate to at least two of the following:
- Student training and development
- Event or activity must deliver benefits to one or more of TEC Edmonton’s audiences (technology entrepreneurs, researchers, trainees and students)
- The supported organization must be able to measure and report on results of the event/activity
- Priority given where TEC representatives are given speaking time, panel participation or booth space
Here are some of the organizations TEC has partnered with the last five years.
Director of Communications & Marketing
Jenn oversees the development of internal and external communication strategies, manages the corporate brand and advises the CEO and executive team on communications issues and opportunities.
Director, Entrepreneur Development
Lan oversees the Entrepreneur Development team, building programs, services and events for Edmonton entrepreneurs.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Never miss a beat! Receive the latest TEC news and events, industry updates, job posting, and more right in your inbox.
Ready to get started?
Connect with TEC.
By filling out our request form it will enable us to assemble the right team to explore your business needs and connect you with the resources to help you move forward.