KMT Hepatech, Inc. provides in vivo research services to companies who are in development of Hepatitis C (HCV), Hepatitis B (HBV), and Malaria therapeutics and vaccines, as well as studies of toxicity, drug and lipoprotein metabolism, utilizing our proprietary platform technology small animal model, the KMT Mouse KMT Hepatech Inc. has an immediate opening for a Manager Animal Facility.
1) Overall operation and administration of the animal facility including scheduling, supervision, and training of animal technicians.
2) Cells preparation, transplanting, drug administration, bleeds, and animal necropsy
3) Management of animal component of all experimental studies.
4) Care and maintenance of animals and related areas
5) Management of the process of breeding
6) Ensure all procedures and animal regulations
7) Monitoring and data collection
8) Facility management and maintenance
9) Purchasing of office and facility supplies
10) Other animal colony related responsibilities
The successful candidate will have previous management experience in animal care and handling, as well as ongoing or completed formal education in a related field. This individual must be able to work with minimal supervision, be organized, reliable, and must have an ability to manage and enforce all company regulations and policies related to the animal facility. CALAS registration an asset.
This is a full-time position, located in Edmonton, Alberta and the salary range is commensurate with experience and education.
Please apply via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com or via mail to 11421 Saskatchewan Drive, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2M9
No phone calls please.