TEC Edmonton is focused on the commercialization of technology-based inventions. Our expertise lies in evaluating and assisting technology based inventions which have the potential for intellectual property protection. Ideally these inventions will form the basis of a new local company or enhance the global competitiveness of companies in the Edmonton Region.
In order to determine what assistance can be provided, you need to:
- Prove that your invention works.
- Show that it provides added value to the marketplace.
- Prove that you have direct ownership.
Invention Reporting Process
- Complete the 'Connect with TEC' form.
- You will then be contacted by TEC Edmonton to discuss your invention and what services are available
- If TEC Edmonton is unable to assist your specific needs we will direct you to one of our Regional Alliance partners .
- If the potential is there to commercialize, you will be requested to complete the Edmonton Inventor - Report of Invention Form .
- Your invention will undergo a technology evaluation.
- If the technology is novel, TEC Edmonton will research the market.
- If there is a market for the technology, commercialization options will be discussed.