As a business rookie, it can be difficult to know how to make your business work. Experienced entrepreneurs, from a variety of sectors and expertise, volunteer to mentor TEC VenturePrize participants in select communities.
1. Participants enrolled in TEC VenturePrize program can review mentors bios and provide the TEC VenturePrize Mentor Coordinator with their top three choices of individuals they would like to be mentored by.
2. The Coordinator will contact the mentors to notify them of the participants interest in working with them. Participants are NOT to contact mentors directly – doing so will result in disqualification from the competition.
3. Decision on who to mentor resides with the mentor themselves. There is no guarantee that a participant will be matched with a mentor.
4. If a mentor expresses interest in a participant, the TEC VenturePrize Coordinator will arrange for contact between the mentor and participant. The participant must be PREPARED to present their business concept and plan.
5. Once the mentor has agreed to work with the participant, the Coordinator is to be informed.
6. TEC VenturePrize Coordinator will not assist the participant any further with regards to mentor matching once a commitment has been struck for the participant and the mentor to work together.
7. All information shared with the mentor is treated as confidential.
Become a Mentor
The mentor program is an integral part of the TEC VenturePrize program and is highly valued by the entrepreneurs who benefit from it. If you would like to join the mentor team, contact Kendel Ferrier for further information.